Sex Offenses in Maryland
Being accused of a sex crime is a shattering experience, especially when those charges involve a minor. The stigma and consequences can last a lifetime, and you need a lawyer who defends sex crime cases on a regular basis.
I’m Charles L. Waechter, a criminal defense attorney with offices in Baltimore, Annapolis, Ocean City and Bel Air in Maryland. I’ve been defending people charged with sex crimes for more than 30 years. I investigate all aspects of the serious accusation, including issues related to search and seizure and suppression of evidence. I offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
I provide criminal defense representation for all sexual offense charges in Maryland, including:
- Sexual assault and rape: Including statutory rape and sexual assault of a minor, and allegations of inappropriate touching
- Child sexual abuse: Including molestation, inappropriate touching of a child, and sexual solicitation of a minor
- Distribution and possession of illegal sexual content: Including child pornography and investigations of Internet sex offenses such as online solicitation of a minor
- Prostitution: Including solicitation of a prostitute
- Indecent exposure and lewd acts.
- Other sex offenses, such as sodomy.
The consequences of a sex crime conviction are devastating, and may include a long prison sentence and lifetime registration as a sex offender. I understand the overwhelming stigma and ongoing publicity attached to a criminal sexual conviction. As your defense lawyer, I will attempt to resolve your case as quickly as possible while not compromising your privacy and freedom.
Free Consultation With an Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney
If you face criminal sexual misconduct charges in Maryland, contact me, criminal defense attorney Charles L. Waechter, for help.