Criminal Defense Law Firm
If you face criminal charges anywhere in the state of Maryland, an experienced and respected defense lawyer can help protect your rights, evaluate possible defenses, negotiate preferential plea bargains and use every facet of the law in your defense.
At the Law Offices of Charles L. Waechter, I bring more than 35 years of experience to the job of defending people accused of criminal charges ranging from federal and state Internet child pornography to sex crimes and serious traffic offenses. I am known as an aggressive and hard-hitting criminal defense lawyer who will fight hard to keep your record as clean as possible and to minimize the effect of an arrest on your life.
A Serious Lawyer for Serious Charges
I have the experience and knowledge to defend you against the most serious criminal charges such as:
- Federal Internet child pornography charges
- State Internet child pornography charges
- Child sexual abuse or physical abuse
- Sex offenses in the first, second, third or fourth degree
- Solicitation and prostitution
- Sexual solicitation of a minor
- Drug offenses
- Handgun offenses
- Assault and battery
- Traffic tickets, including representation at Motor Vehicle Agency (MVA) hearings
- Child Molestation
- Online Solicitation of a Minor
- Student-Teacher Relationships
- Indecent Exposure
- Sexual Assault
- Statutory Rape
- Possessing Sexually Explicit Images of a Child
- Distributing Sexually Explicit Images of a Child
- Federal Investigation of Internet Child Pornography
- Consequences of Possessing Child Porn
- Consequences of Distributing Child Porn
- Search and Seizure
- Suppressing Evidence
- Florida – Federal Attempted Enticement of a Minor
- Pennsylvania – Federal Attempted Enticement of a Minor
- Virginia – Federal Attempted Enticement of a Minor
If I represent you, I will review the documents pertaining to the criminal charge, investigate the circumstances of your arrest and determine if any evidence should be suppressed. For example, if the police violated your Fourth Amendment constitutional rights against unreasonable search and seizure, I will seek to have the charges dismissed. In all sex crime cases, I work hard to protect my clients from sex offender registration requirements.
With offices in Baltimore, Annapolis, Ocean City and Bel Air, and South Florida, I offer five convenient locations for people who are charged with crimes in Maryland and Florida. Many of my clients come from throughout the state of Maryland and beyond, as well as South Florida.
No matter what type of law you are accused of violating and what kind of charges you face, I offer a free initial consultation by phone or in one of my offices. If you are incarcerated, I can also meet with you in jail.
If you face criminal charges, contact me, criminal defense attorney Charles L. Waechter, for help.